You don't have to settle for an unhappy, sexually frustrating, high-conflict or lonely relationship.
Sometimes Love isn't enough; You need skills.
You need an objective point of view from a confidential, professional couples and family therapist who is truly excellent.
If you're like my clients "Taylor and Sara": Your relationship is stuck on a treadmill of routines, chores, and responsibilities that are killing your intimacy.
Or if you're like "Emily and Aiden", You're bickering and then avoiding each other. You're feeling lonely in your relationship even when you spend time together. You're busy. You're both on the computer, phones, or watching tv instead of connecting emotionally. You're exhausted anyway. It seems like there's no time for "quality time". Dwindling or sporadic sex-life? SEX LIFE? You're saying: WHAT's that?
Stressed out at work, or by parenting the kids? Feeling stressed about whether to have kids? Perhaps you're struggling with infertility, miscarriage, or postpartum depression?
Are you longing for the spark you had in the beginning of the relationship and wondering how you can get back that feeling? Are you fantasizing about seeing other people? Or perhaps one or both of you cheated & your relationship feels like it's wrecked? If so, how do you put the pieces back together?
Counseling CAN help.
I am Zia Sunseri, MA, LMFTA, ATP, ASAT. I offer couples effective methods and therapeutic experiences SPECIALIZING IN THESE AREAS:
- increasing overall intimacy + communication skills
- increasing sexual satisfaction
- reconciling differences in sexual desire
- recovery from sexual-anorexia
- recovery from being sexually abused as children (one or both partners)
- recovery from sex-addiction/porn addiction +/ other "process addictions"
- cheating: dealing with infidelity issues
- infertility / stress around trying
- postpartum parental exhaustion
- recurring conflicts: reconciling differences on decision-making around: money/hierarchy/control/household management and family- planning.
- life transitions: developing skills to cope effectively with things like: career changes/birth/adoption/grief and loss/ cohabitating/ marriage /aging/ illness
I am LGBQTIA affirmative and I work equally well with Heterosexual Couples in traditional Relationships OR in POLY/Kink/Experimental lifestlyes.....
I support the authenticity of people:
- POLY-amorous POLY-fidelitiy/EXPERIMENTAL/ KINK/ BDSM lifestylers
I offer couples convenient live-video-sessions supplemented by in-person sessions. So you can skip the commute.
I have a SEX-POSITIVE PHILOSOPHY: Sex-positivity is "an attitude towards human sexuality that regards all consensual sexual activities as fundamentally healthy and pleasurable, encouraging sexual pleasure and experimentation". The sex-positive movement is a social movement and philosophical movement that promotes and embraces sexuality and sexual expression, with an emphasis on safe and consensual sex.
I have the skills and experience to help you learn to increase intimacy and overall satisfaction.
Get a fresh perspective + learn the most important and effective communication + intimacy skills, with the help of Zia Sunseri, LMFT, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
NOTE: I also help clients assess whether they want to stay together or work toward compassionate separation......Some deal-breakers for working on relationships may include:
- physical violence in the home / persistent verbal abuse
- active addictions
- unresolved cheating/ broken commitments / big secrets
- HOWEVER: Fo some couples, there are therapeutic solutions to the above problems, if BOTH partners are truly committed to change and growth: The couple may choose to take a period of separation and work on their individual issues, while staying open to re-joining in the future. For instance, Anger-Management-Training, Addictions-Treatment, and separate Individual Therapy can help with the above issues.
ZIA'S COUPLE'S COUNSELING EXPERTISE AND PHILOSOPHY:
I Licensed in Couples, Marriage, & Family Counseling. I am also certified in Assessing and Treating Sex-Addiction and Love-Addiction that often lead people to cheating/infidelity, breaking their relationship commitments or going against their own value systems, to the distress of themselves and others.
You make the rules and agreements about your lifestyle and terms of your marriage or commitment to each other. I support couples in being TRANSPARENT and arriving at MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL AGREEMENTS with what the terms of their COMMITMENTS to each other are.