“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”-Anaïs Nin
ZIA'S PHILOSOPHY AND EXPERTISE:
I help women who are stressed out, burned out, numbed out, depressed, overwhelmed or in a rut, grieving, or who are suffering from dating or relationship problems, divorce, issues with food, body image, or sexuality. My therapeutic practice is UNIQUE and HIGHLY EFFECTIVE IN REVERSING STRESS AND TRAUMA, restoring the mind and body to it's natural state, because beyond talk therapy, I utilize EXPERIENTIAL METHODS scientifically shown TO SOOTH YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM. I help you to discover or re-discover your inner resources. I teach you tools to take home and practice, and TOGETHER WE TURN 'BREAKDOWNS' into BREAK-THROUGHS.
I am a catalyst and an empathic guide who tailors each session to YOUR NEEDS. I also structure sessions according to YOUR GOALS, which we discuss and re-evaluate through the course of our work together, so we can both know what we're aiming for and acknowledge when progress is being made. This helps us use our time together most effectively. My philosophy is that all the answers or solutions to your problems are hidden within you and it is my job to assist you to find them and to teach you unique tools to practice in your daily life to remove those obstacles to INCREASING YOUR SELF LOVE + SUCCESS. THERAPY WITH ME IS EFFECTIVE IN HELPING YOU TO ACHIEVING YOUR FULLEST POTENTIAL----TO BECOME YOUR BEST , most AUTHENTIC SELF.
MY AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- women's issues
- stress & anxiety
- compulsive behavior issues* **(such as food addictions / overeating / eating disorders, sex addiction, porn addiction, online dating obsession, gambling addiction, shopping addiction) as well as coping with being a Partner or Ex-Partner of an Addict.
- childhood abuse (survivors of sexual abuse /emotional abuse /physical abuse /spiritual abuse/ or childhood in which parent(s) were addicts/alcoholics)
- body image issues
- grief and loss
- life transitions
- divorce/breakup recovery
- coping with chronic illness / infertility /miscarriage
- existential/spiritual challenges and exploration
- issues of sexuality and/or sexual identity
- social identity transitions ("coming out", LGBTQ for example)
- healing internalized oppression
- relationship challenges: romantic/ work/ friendship issues
- career issues or professional identity crises
- creative blocks: turning them into creating breakthroughs
- envisioning & manifesting
- coping with being an Empath / feeling burdened by other's energy/psychic boundaries
- feeling burdened by ancestral issues
- finding the authentic self: who am I, what's my life's purpose here?
- ****Compulsive Behavior Issues means: ** *anything you've tried to stop but can't seem to "stay stopped" and that causes you distress.... and now you are sincerely willing to do all it takes and try something new to change this pattern, or someone in your life is so worried about you they are urging you to get help.. (Compulsive behavior cycles are very common in our culture and sometimes called "process addictions": food addictions / eating disorders, sex addiction, porn addiction, online dating or gambling addiction, shopping addictions--often a binge-purge cycle, sometimes followed by a period of abstaining; but issue usually eventually returns. I can help you stop this cycle, and help you learn how to "stay stopped".... so you can be blossom into the fullness of your genius, joy, and powers of manifestation, and feel deeply proud of yourself.
- I work best those of you who are open to trying something new that will help you access your own inner genius, your bliss, and your powers of manifestation, or a sense of peace that currently eludes you. I also work best with those of you who are READY and WILLING to take responsibility for those things that you really DO have the power to change, but you feel like you don't have the tools or a roadmap of how to do so. I will help you with the extensive education, skills, wisdom, and intuitive powers that I have.
- I tailor each session to my clients' needs, with experiential methods such as: hypnosis, art-therapy, body-centered psychotherapy, music therapy / soundhealing, active imagination, dream analysis, role play, yoga therapy. And for some clients I offer quantum healing/ ancestral clearings/ shamanic counseling techniques from my Native ancestors. Many of my clients come to me because they intuitively felt that experiential methods would work better for them than traditional talk-therapy.
Zia Sunseri earned a Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology with a Specialization in Art Therapy, from Antioch University. She also has many years of experience leading groups on Women's Vitality, Cancer Support, and Addictions, including process addictions such as Shopaholism and Eating Disorders.....and Zia has conducted thousands of hours of healing with groups and individuals, including about a thousand hours counseling groups, families, and individuals at community clinics
- I help my clients truly making their lives an art form, infusing it with, freedom, joy, and connectedness in the world, and manifestation of creative power they may not have known they had.
- My extensive tool box of experiential methods help you get into a state of flow, heightening brain plasticity and potentially expediting the change you desire; initiating the emergence of your inner genius and inner fountain of resources. In addition, I am also trained in talk-therapy, CBT and process addictions management (which I utilize with some clients), for sex addiction, eating disorders, compulsive gambling and spending problems, and other compulsive behaviors that may be blocking the full expression of your genius and joy.
- My experiential methods range from art therapy and music therapy or soundhealing, bioenergetics, yoga-therapy and mindfulness....all of my techniques are tailored to your needs and goals. Many of my methods have roots in Eastern and Native American indigenous healing techniques, which is part of my heritage. All help you to get into a state of flow. A state of flow is the most adaptive state a human can achieve, and it is our natural state, though many circumstances in our lives, past or present, can lead us to feel blocked or disconnected or depleted.
- I have facilitated many powerful transformations, some taking as little as three to six sessions, and in other cases I have supported clients who have done deep healing of major childhood trauma and seen them blossom, grow their wings and fly from the therapeutic nest in as little as six months. Some clients have been seeing me regularly for years, and I have been helping them reach higher and higher levels of manifesting their true potential.
- For me it is a joy and a calling to dedicate my work to helping you become functional, whole, healthy, and thriving to your fullest potential: to have ample energy, to feel connected and full of inner resources and creative solutions to deal with life's challenges, to be able to feel grounded and connected even in the eye of the storm, and to be able to express yourself authentically.